The Community Workgroup is led by Jennifer Tourville, Clinical Assistant Professor at the UT College of Nursing and HRSA grant co-director. The group is co-led by Reverend Deborah Shultz, Director, Rescue 180 in Jefferson County, and Amy Braden, Certified Peer Recovery specialist, ReVIDA Recovery Centers in Knoxville. The workgroup is comprised of several residents of the 10-county grant area that focus on community engagement and involvement in grant activities aimed to mitigate consequences of the opioid crisis in East TN.
- Development of digital stories to reduce stigma
- Hold drug take-back days
- Provide Narcan training
- Promote workforce development
- Collaborate with faith-based organizations
- Collaborate with the Knox County Harm Reduction and syringe exchange program to expand services within the grant-area
- Expand Safety-Net for persons in treatment and recovery
- Provide TennCare enrollment assistance
For inquiries regarding the working group, please contact Jennifer Tourville via email at email@example.com.